SWConsult provided a Technical Specification for podium waterproofing and remedial works for Coolum Baywatch apartments, located on the Sunshine Coast. The Technical Specification detailed concrete repairs to the podium slab as well as waterproofing the podium to prevent future concrete cancer and basement serviceability problems. SWConsult also acted as Superintendents for the project.
The works involved:
- Concrete cancer removal and repair
- Repair of existing joints and cracks to waterproof new works and eliminate weak points for future water ingress e.g. creation of new joints at dissimilar materials to allow for expansion differences and chasing and sealing of cracks
- Installation and waterproofing of new podium drainage outlets
- Installation of concrete plinths around all new and existing podium penetrations e.g. pipe penetrations and posts supporting swimming pool surround
- Waterproofing of podium expansion joint and podium slab
- Construction of new podium deck and finishes
A brief overview of some project progress and milestones is provided below in picture format.