The Body Corporate engaged us to act as superintending engineer to manage this major remedial work.
The scope of works included:
- roof repairs;
- replacement of guttering and addition of downpipes as per the original building plans;
- empty, waterproof and provide drainage for the planter boxes;
- address drainage on the balconies;
- repair of walls cracks / concrete cancer;
- external painting.
SWConsult carried out the following engineering consultancy:
- prepared tender documentation for minor building rehabilitation works;
- invited bidding for minor building rehabilitation works;
- provided technical supervision of contracts for the above listed works to ensure compliance with scope of works, works programme, contract specifications, relevant codes, regulations, manufacturers technical guidance, and good building practice;
- Evaluated tenders submitted and provided the Body Corporate committee with a written assessment and recommendation;
- Administered contract variations and claims and recommended contract variations to the committee for approval; and
- Maintained project files to be provided to the committee on completion of each works.